|Character||Fl (2) WRG 10s|
|Sectors||G245°-274° (29°).W274°-302° (28°). R302°-325° (23°). W325°-117° (152°).|
|Light Range||White 10 nautical miles, Red 8 nautical miles, Green 8 nautical miles|
|Height of Tower||13 metres|
|Height of Light above MHWS||16 metres|
The light at Ballinacourty was first established on 1st July 1858. The light was converted to acetylene operation in 1929. Electrification of the light took place on 12th February 1964. The present light source comprises a cluster of 4 x 35W halogen lamps and was installed during the 2005-06 re-equip of the station.